Form Last Updated: 7/22/15
BAWSC Membership Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in THE BAY AREA WATER-SKI CLUB'S athletics/sports program and related events and activities, the undersigned:
- Agree that prior to participating, they each will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe, they will immediately advise the event chairperson, club officer, or board member of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
- Acknowledge and fully understand that as a participant, I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their actions, inactions or negligence but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or for any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- I understand I must have a proper fitting coast guard approved life jacket with me while in a boat and wear it when being pulled behind a boat.
- I acknowledge that I can swim and have no physical limitations that prevent me from participating in this activity. Furthermore, I acknowledge that I can enter and exit a boat deck or ladder into and out of the water without assistance and am otherwise not physically unable to participate in this activity.
- Assume all the foregoing risk and accept personal responsibility for the damages such injury, permanent disability or death.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Bay Area Water Ski Club, its affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other members of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, employees of affiliated sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releases", from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the release or otherwise.
- Boat owners must show proof of watercraft liability insurance of a minimum amount of $300,000 if said boat is to be used in any club events or activities.
- All participants partaking in any of the Bay Area Water Ski Club water activities must have their own medical coverage.
- Alcohol consumption will not be allowed from an event’s official starting time to the daily boats off the water time.
- The possession or use of illegal drugs at official club events is forbidden.
- Understand that during the course of club events photographs of the undersigned and his or her family members or guests may be taken by the club and/or its representatives and release the club to use such photographs in club publications including newsletters, web site, and the like.
- I UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, THAT I AND ALL PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH MY MEMBERSHIP BUNDLE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND AGREE TO IT VOLUNTARILY. ALSO, AS A MEMBER I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE CLUB BYLAWS.